The Mortgage Alliance Company of Canada Inc. (MAC) takes pride in the policies and procedures used to protect the personal information collected and maintained on behalf of our clients. Access to personal information is granted to our agents under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Collection and Use of Information
To better understand your financial needs and make you aware of new services that could help you reach your goals, MAC collects personal information from a variety of sources. Some personal information and some reasons it is collected include, but is not limited to, are:
- Data such as name, address, contact numbers, email contact, income, employment, age, net worth, investment objectives, and banking information;
- Unique identifiers: such as social insurance, driver’s license, passport numbers, etc.; used to fulfill regulatory and other governmental obligations to distinguish you from other clients with similar names;
- Information from a consumer reporting agency or other source, which may include account information and/or information about your creditworthiness. MAC uses this information to help determine the mortgage product that is suitable for your mortgage needs.
MAC collects this information in order to provide the services you have requested, and to help us determine how MAC or other non-affiliated companies may be of service to you.
Guidelines for Disclosure of Information:
- MAC may provide information to credit bureau agencies, financial institutions, insurers, private investors, creditor life company etc.
- MAC shall use the information to determine your financial situation for purposes related to services that you have requested from Mortgage Alliance. MAC may also provide the information to others that work for Mortgage Alliance, but only as needed for the provision of those services.
- MAC shall use your social insurance number as an aid to identify you with credit bureau agencies and financial institutions for credit history file matching purposes.
- MAC may advise __________________________________* about the progress of your application. *Realtor/Builder/Financial Planner, etc. – provide Name or put N/A
- MAC may use your information to promote Mortgage Alliance services to you.
MAC will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual(s) or as required by law. Files are kept a minimum of three (3) years.
Confidentiality is the key to a strong relationship and MAC is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement is always available on our website; www.mortgagealliance.com. If you need clarification regarding this policy, please contact our Director of Compliance at 200-2005 Sheppard Ave East, Toronto, Ont. M2J 5B4 (416) 499-5454 x230.
I/We are aware of:
- How a variable rate mortgage and its’ applicable mortgage payment may increase without notice within the term of the mortgage. This may affect the ability to make mortgage payments
- How terminating or prepaying a mortgage prior to maturity term may involve prepayment penalties
- How changes in my/our employment (eg. reduced income), credit, liabilities, etc. may affect the ability to make mortgage payments in the future and/or changes prior to closing could affect I/we not qualifying for the mortgage.
- How different mortgage products can vary with various prepayment options the amount of monthly mortgage payment of PI&T that I/we are comfortable paying is $________________ based my/our current personal financial obligations (include condo fees if applicable)
- The benefits of creditor mortgage protection.
- The inherent risks associated with mortgages. The agent has evaluated my/our needs to assist in determining the most appropriate mortgage including to offer to assist in preparing a budget.
Credit Bureau Consent:
I/We the undersigned, declare the information provided with respect to my/our mortgage application is a true and complete representation of my/our financial situation. I/We understand that it is being used to determine my/our credit responsibility and to evaluate my/our request for mortgage financing. I/We authorize MAC to obtain a credit report.
I/We acknowledge that the completion of a mortgage application could take time and it might entail the pulling of additional credit reports. I/We permit MAC to pull one additional credit report up to six (6) months from the date signed below. I/We also authorize MAC to exchange such credit information for the purpose of securing mortgage financing to potential mortgage lenders, mortgage insurers or service providers. MAC will retain the application and credit information whether or not the mortgage is approved.
Canada Anti-Spam Legislation:
I will keep in touch via electronic messaging during your mortgage transaction as permitted by the legislation! However, Mortgage Alliance occasionally communicates with its’ database via electronic messages. The content provides insightful information on mortgages, finances, etc. I/We wish to be kept informed and consent to the receiving of these informative communications for the term of my/our mortgage. I/We can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints contact us.